Saturday 15 July 2017

News from week 1

After our arrival here on Monday I was hopeful of writing each day up with photos as I have done over the past few years. However, things didn't quite work out as planned!  The first night I tried to upload photos from my camera to my now very old laptop, I hit a problem.  For some reason the laptop wouldn't transfer the pictures across from the camera. This has happened a couple of times over the years, but I've managed to fix it by rebuilding the iPhoto library, which takes a few hours. This time it didn't want to work though.
Eventually I managed via WiFi to transfer a few pictures from the camera to the laptop but that's a very laborious process, so I simply gave up and relaxed for a few days. After all, I'm on holiday,  right?
Anyhow, since then, we've dotted around the house and garden, taken the daily saunas and swam each day in the lake. After a great start weather wise, it rained a bit in midweek and it is now a bit cooler but this weekend looks like it will be very sunny, so we will enjoy the sunshine right here. Olivia spent an hour with Timo's daughter Wenla at a local trampoline park one night and will return to another place for training with Wenla next Thursday evening. Also, on Tuesday next week we will travel to Varkaus to see our old friends the Ikonen family and I'm certainly looking forward to seeing Jyrki, Mari and the boys again. Also, while we are there, we will visit the speedway at Varkaus for a rare league meeting!
Keith has been very relaxed all week. He's loving the swimming and saunas and has been in great form with everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment